*THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER UPDATED*

My new website can be found at http://www.quernuscrafts.co.uk/

Sheep and Highland Cow (b. 23 July 2009)

These are old favourites. The Highland Cow was one of my first ever crafting efforts way back in the late 1990s. Back then, I used air drying clay and I painted the cow with poster paints. Ah, those were the days.

The sheep has remained pretty much unchanged from the early days - using extruded clay as wool, I can create a rather fun, wool-like effect, and the strands of wool on the forehead make it look a bit Wallace and Gromit-esque. Again, the black bead eyes have been a firm favourite with me since the beginning.
When revisiting both these models, I thought I would try them without legs - this is primarily so they are in keeping with the round style I'm aiming for. Ideally, I'd also like the sheep's face to be incorporated in with the body, but this could be a challenge. Good to be back in the saddle, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment